Saturday, June 25, 2011

How humidity affected my choice of skin care products


I have been having problems with my skin particularly in the face since my adolescent period.  It is too oily and very prone to outbreaks.  I tried many products recommended by friends, some from the commercials on television I saw and others from a dermatologist.  Still my problem was not solved, I still get a lot of outbreaks and my skin got darker and duller each day.  I would often to go to a facial care center twice a month for cleaning enduring all the pain as they prick every pimple on my face.  It was in the middle of year 2009 when my sister visits me at home.  We have the same skin type and we used to have the same problem with outbreaks on our face.  I was surprised to see her face so radiantly smooth, outbreak free, younger looking and pinkish white skin.  She told me about her secret and suggested that I use that set of local beauty product she is using.  At first I was hesitant because it is cheap and not as popular as the other brands I have tried but still I went on trying it to see how it will work on me.  I tried the whole set as advised.  After a month of usage, my skin got better.  My friends and officemates have noticed the improvement.  They too have tried using the same product and were grateful with the result.  The product took away the excess moisture of the skin leaving it oil free and pimple free.  Its gentle exfoliation took away the dead skin cells for a younger and fairer skin.  I have been using it exclusively and religiously for two years because I was satisfied and happy with the result. 
On the second quarter of 2011, I went to Saudi Arabia to visit my husband.  The climate here is hot with low humidity causing my skin to dry.  The beauty products I use no longer gave me a satisfactory result.  My skin went dry, rashes emerged and I felt a stinging sensation every time I use the product.  I thought maybe the product is good only for tropical countries like the Philippines with high humidity.  I stopped using it and tried products with intensive moisturizers instead.  My skin got better now.  Its effect on my skin is noticeable.  The moisture was restored even with very low humidity.  Now I will not have to worry about my skin anymore.  Thanks to my moisturizer!

1 comments:

Lenlen said... Best Blogger Tips

@Gillion

Thanks for sharing. I'm checking on that link you gave me.